"Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."


Monday, June 18, 2012



QUARTER LIFE AWESOMENESS

Well...assignment 1 is done.


I turned it in at EXACTLY 5pm (which was the deadline). Not a minute earlier. Not a minute later....5...p...m...


If you know me well, you'll know that I've NEVER cut it that close like that before. But it was literally impossible for me to get it done any sooner!


I've never pulled so many all-nighters in a row (with occasional 1-2 hour naps)!





Although I spent A LOT of time in my thesis cave this past week, I did have an AMAZING birthday weekend!


We celebrated mine, Jenny, Chelsie's and Alex's birthdays! We had a great party at Paul's house for Jenny, had a surprise birthday dinner for Chelsie when she got back from her honeymoon, celebrated mine at Busby's and celebrated Alex's at Wilshire. 

Birthdays are super duper pooper fun! 






















SO thankful for those wonderful people who I have the pleasure of calling my friends. You all are so incredible and words can't describe how much each of you mean to me! And for those of us who turned 25 this year...WAHOO! 

Quarter. Life. AWESOMENESS. 

"Remember, you can't live a positive life with a negative mind."
And if you're not exactly happy where you are, that's okay, but just remember, "life doesn't have a remote control. You have to get up and change it yourself." 


We all have events, people and experiences that might stop us from doing what we want...but don't let them. Instead, forgive them, learn from them, and move on. I know it's sometimes easier said than done, I def struggle with stuff like that all the time, but just keep on truckin! Because honestly...there's so much love and happiness out there in the world, so you might as well embrace it! 

And just remember, I have a rule to only have kick-ass friends, so if you're reading this, know that you are one pretty freakin kick-ass individual. This is a whole new chapter in our lives, so don't let the past rule what happens to you tomorrow. 

So instead...just do these things:

And when in doubt, just say this:
HAKUNA MATATA!


Okay back to thesis venting: I actually got my comments back from Daniela (my adviser) and she says I'm off to a really great start! (Thank god!) All the comments she left are minor ones and luckily they don't say stuff like "Really nicky?" and "What does this mean..." so YAY! I'm SOO glad that her comments were positive!! 


Since I got some good comments, I gave myself the weekend off! (not sure if that was the best idea...but oh well! too late! it's already Sunday night!) Had a great Father's day today with my dad and even had my parents meet Nik's amazing mama!! She's seriously so amazing and such a bright spirit! It's obvious why my parents loved her!





The next couple of weeks will be interesting...I have to do my revisions and turn in my Assignment 2 on July 4th...WHO DOES THAT?! THAT IS NOT VERY AMURICA...FUCK YA. 


I'm also going to Dallas to see the cutest pregnant lady in the world for her baby shower! Yay Sassy D! I REALLY don't want to do too much writing while we're visiting Diana so I'm going to try to get as much done before I leave so...

My next goals are:
  • Have all of my revisions done and my writing done by June 28th. 
  • Get at least 4 hours of sleep each night, NO LESS 

Alrighty, gotta get my ninja-ass to bed so I can start reading for my 'fundraising' lit review section tomorrow. 

Love, peace and hopefully I don't regret taking the weekend off,
ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment